Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Bikes, Bikes! I like bikes!

So, one of my passions in life is mountain biking and flying down a hill jumping over stuff always on the verge of crashing. I have been really into biking for about 10 years now. I actually am a certified bicycle mechanic from the United Bicycle Institute in Ashland, OR (I know; kinda weird, but completely true). I planned for many years on starting a bike shop and started studying business because of that plan.

So, here is my homage to my bikes; new and old.

Above is my first "real" mountain bike. I had the Huffy's and crap bikes like that growing up, but this is my first good bike I bought when I was 16. It is a GT i-drive full-suspension if any of you know what that means. Until just recently, it has been in pieces in my dad's shop. I have put it together so I can sell it. I don't have much use for it anymore. I am selling it for $400 if you are interested.

The next bike has been my baby for many years now. I haven't had a girlfriend for many years now, so I spent the money I would have on her on this bike. It has a titanium frame, which is the best material for bike frames and is pretty expensive. I built the wheelset back when I went to the bike school. I recently blew out the suspension fork, so I have a brand new fork on it now. I am also trying to sell this bike. I have it listed on Craigs List for $1000. Hopefully I will sell it soon.

And finally, this is my brand new bike I bought a few weeks back. It is a Kona Scrap, which is best used to jump things on dirt or in a city. It is a blast and so much fun to rocket down a hill or over things. It's got hydraulic disk brakes, like on a car, which makes it stop real fast. I'm not trying to sell this bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So, one of my passions in life is mountain biking and flying down a hill jumping over stuff always on the verge of crashing." Uh-huh. And as best I can remember, one such instance resulted in John splitting his face open on the side of a mountain in Colorado. :)

Wish I lived in OR - I'd buy that little bike from you. I've always wanted to get into mountain biking - but I live in central Florida. No dice.

 
Locations of visitors to this page