Monday, March 26, 2007

I have a new-to-me car now! I bought an 87 Isuzu Trooper last week. Don't get too excited though, because I might be getting rid of it and buying another one; as soon as possibly tomorrow. I got it really cheap from an individual just trying to unload it. My brother-in-law and I did some work on it a few days ago and it looks like it will need a new engine to run well again and pass the emission control for Portland. So, that is the bad news. I just don't really want to spend anymore than is absolutely necessary and you never know when it is bad now.

So here's the story for buying this one:

I saw it on Craig's list for sale for $350. Yeah, I know $350 for a "running" car! Pretty ridiculous! I guess I got what I paid for. But back to it. In appearance, the truck looks great and there was no major concerns at the time. In our opinion it needed new tires and a major tune-up to get running pretty good. So, with these concerns in mind, I thought that $350 is just too much for this trooper (I was in Morocco for a week and just needed to use all that bartering practice here and it is hard to barter for groceries). So, I went up to her and offered to give her $300 cash right there. She said it needed to be a little more and dropped to $325. Sold! Done deal!

Since it is turning out to be more than I wanted to spend for what I am getting, I am probably going to sell it on Craig's list after I get another one and hopefully get a little more to cover the muffler and tune-up parts I bought for it. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on what happens next!

Check out the picture of the back. I decided to make this trooper really hard by just adding a sticker to it. It is the one on the very top on the paint. I like to support the ghetto kiddies!


No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page