Monday, March 19, 2007

The Mysteries of Signs - part 4

I think that this sign is definitely one-of-a-kind. It is from the edge of Lake Bohinj in Slovenia. There are some interesting things about it that I feel I must point out to the casual observer. When I took this picture, multiple things jumped out at me that were just odd. Please observe with me.


- Top middle - why would it be a problem throwing acorns at flowers? And that hand looks like it might also be doing some sign language. Why is sign language not allowed at that lake?
- Top right - they are really after those sign languagers. And why are snail races not allowed? Snails like to have fun, so why punish them?
- Middle middle - ok, I see that this one does have validity. It is never safe to assemble a tepee on top of a camper. That is just common sense though. It was unnecessary to make a sign prohibiting it. People know that!
- Middle right - they have gone too far when they have banned the eating out of cans. Cans are necessary for camping. I can't have my chili and baked beans going stale in tupperware. The gas just isn't potent enough for farting into the fire when they're stale.
- Bottom left - that is just a weird dog. It kinda scares me.
- Bottom middle - this is clearly banning people from playing God at this lake. You don't follow? Well there are rain drops falling on that car from the person's hand. So, no black magic or sorcery at this lake.
- Bottom right - And finally the most disturbing ban. That is a picture of a motorcycle rider doing a wheelie, and not just any motorcycle rider, but one with a detached head. That is just disgusting! I have never seen this to be a problem, but it is Slovenia, they might have different problems over there.

I know, I am just a confused as all of you by this unnecessary use of signage.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow, thanks! Now I don't feel so alone in my confusion...

beegal1722 said...

Wheeler...i just read a bunch of your blogs which was fun cause i hadn't been on there in forever so i got to catch up on all your fun stories. But you made me feel like a crazy person cause i was sitting alone at my house and laughing out loud over all your analogies for what these mystery signs mean...and then Liz and Bryan came in and i was literally crying i was laughing to much so i had to try and explain what was so funny. So yeah thanks for a good laugh after a not-so-good day! Talk to you soon

 
Locations of visitors to this page