Friday, November 17, 2006

All of the great things in the world revolve around this! You might think that this is a grand statement that can't possibly be true. But you don't know what I am talking about. What I am talking about is "Tambitar". For those of you non-informed people, Tambitar is the band that my sister Amy and I have started. "Have" is a very relative term. We have never recorded, written, or... I guess even played any music together playing these instruments solely. As most of you know, I play guitar and sing, but did you know that my sister is a world famous tambourine player. I guess to clarify, by "world famous" I actually mean she once played a tambourine at a bar against the bands wishes and she often plays it in her car as she is driving and listening to music.

The inspiration for this blog was last night. My roomy John and I were out with a couple students to a club/bar in Rijeka. There was a band that I believe was just a guitar and some percussion, including a tambourine at times. It was great and the crowd was really into it. It got me reminiscing of the good old days when the thought of Tambitar was a real concept. I hope that it is not a dead thought and might actually happen. I will keep you posted about any upcoming tour we might have this summer when I arrive back home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I can finally post commments! In case anyone doubts the authenticity and greatness of Tambitar, I am here to veryify its existence. Yes, the idea came from a night of angering the band's lead singer with my totally sweet tambourine skills, and yes, he did have the greatest mullet known to man. The truth is, Andy, the greatness of Tambitar is a force to be reckoned with!

Taylor said...

Ha ha. Amy, we just saw a photo of you on Andy's computer and now a comment from you. You are another one of my teammates siblings that I hope I meet someday. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy,
What time is it? Are you in your jammies? Are you hours ahead of me?
How is tomorrow?
Chris

Anonymous said...

i will definitely be among the first to buy a tambitar cd...how much longer do we have to wait?

and that reminds me, i don't know why...but the other day i was trying to think of the name of that horrible, awful band you love that combines heavy metal with some latino or mariachi music...what is that called?

Andy said...

Well, the cd is not in the works yet, but hopefully soon! Also, Brandi, "Puya" is the amazing band that you so carelessly referred to as horrible and awful. You can check them out at:

http://www.musicofpuertorico.com/index.php/
artists/puya/

 
Locations of visitors to this page