Monday, November 06, 2006

Hebrews and brews...

John and I have started a great tradition tonight; hopefully one that will last for many generations. We have been going through the book of Hebrews in the Bible each week, a chapter at a time. John's thought was since we are reading Hebrews, we should probably drink a brew at the same time. Makes sense... right? "A great idea!" I responded. So it has happened. Great conversation and great beer. Tonight, the pick was Kilkenny Irish Beer. In three weeks, when the WSU boys arrive, hopefully we can enjoy our Hebrews with a few local Northwest brews that we are requesting.

In the words of the Simpsons:

Homer: Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau?
Apu: Such a beer does not exist, sir. I think you must have dreamed it.
Homer: Oh. Well, then just give me a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles.



3 comments:

zoran said...

Now you're talking! Silly me, reading in bed, where a beer might be just a bit too much :) .

Anyways, I do hope you were not drinking from a mug in the background. I mean, it is beige and matches the beer, but it would be grave injustice to the divine foaminess of the red Kilkeny beer.

Anonymous said...

Kilkenny is so great. There's this bar around the corner from our apartment called Easyrider's. It's my favorite place to get beer and hang out. And they have a selection called Kilkenny Strong - I always get it. You can also get a Guinness the size of your head. But I haven't worked my way up to that yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy,
I never knew you cared to partake in the better side of beer. Reading the bible and enjoying the gifts of God's bounty! I think Roomy is on to something here! By any chance is Roomy coming home with you? I see the potential for a new Saturday night Bible study. Probably a first, a different micro brew for every book of the Bible. I'll be there with bells on! (errrr. Hops on!)
God Bless You Brother,
Chris Campanella

 
Locations of visitors to this page