Sunday, October 29, 2006

An interesting and slightly disturbing series of text messages...

So, based off some contacts gained by handing out planners to students last week I have been spending the afternoon sending text messages to these students. A little background: Last week Sunny, Alexis and myself set up a table in the Engineering faculty. Ok, so back to today. Apparently, I was invisible that day at the table, because all of the guys thought it was a girl named "Andy" that was texting them. This happened a few times, but it was not really a surprise. I guess I should be grateful that the guys were not checking out me, but the girls (sorry ladies).

One particular series of messages bears repeating to as many people as possible, hence the blog posting. It went as follows:

Me: "My name is andy. I was at the table handing out planners in tekniski last week. Would you like to get coffee this week?"
Student: "Yes my lady... I have your number now and I call you... ok?"
Me: "I'm actually a guy. If you would like to meet this week, let me know."
Student: "I was hoping it was pretty girl (blondy)from last week :-( Can I have coffee with her?
Me: "Sorry I can't do that. She has a boyfriend. But I am fun to be around."
Student: after some confusing words "...is there any pretty and smart girl that don't have a boyfriend?"
Me: "Would you like to meet with ME this week for coffee?"

My first thoughts were that this guy must either be really desperate to try to get a girlfriend through me, or he just really likes pretty American girls. Sunny is the "blondy" girl mentioned above and after I told her this story she knew who it was. Apparently there was a guy that kept saying to her that "she [Sunny] was going to take him to coffee!!" She kept telling him "No. Andy will take you." I guess he didn't get it.

I have had some thoughts about asking one of the other ladies on my team to come to the potential metting with him. It probably isn't going to happen now that I have posted this. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

You were texting Zoran, weren't you? That guy cracks me up.

Maybe you could get a blondy wig somewhere.

Andy said...

That would make sense if it was Zoran. Let's see what he thinks about that...

Good idea for the blond wig. I have an 80s hair band blond wig. That might work. I should probably try and meet the student wearing that. Might be a good try.

zoran said...

It wasn't me, really!!!


Good idea though.... *evil laughter*

p.s. I bet this made you think of me: "My first thoughts were that this guy must either be really desperate..."

 
Locations of visitors to this page